Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cozumel Pics & stuff!!!



We are home and had an AMAZING time!! The real world just isn't as much fun! ha! We are sunburned on our backs from our day of snorkeling!!! It was worth it though! Snorkeling ROCKED!!!! We took a guided tour ~ about a 6 hour snorkeling adventure. We stopped at three different places to snorkel and went to a really cool beach for lunch. We saw tons of gorgeous, colorful fish...I felt like I was in awe the entire time!! We also saw 2 stingray, a sea turtle and .... A SHARK!!! I don't know which was cooler - the sea turtle or the shark! The sea turtle was so cute (and the first thought I had was "dude" from Finding Nemo ~ LOL!) The shark ~ I thought I was going to be scared, but something took over and I wanted to get closer to see him better! I couldn't believe I was swimming TO a shark! It was just the coolest thing EVER! I loved the snorkeling!!

We also took a ferry ride to Playa Del Carmen and ate breakfast at a gorgous resort where I saw my only in the wild iguana. Then, we hit the 5th Avenue for some shopping and bargaining. Why is it that no matter how much you get them down to, you always feel like somehow they ripped you off? ha! One guy even said, "Come in so I can rip you off!" LOL!

The rest of the time we relaxed on the beach, shopped some more, saw an amazing sunset almost nightly, swam in the ocean (we never swam in the resort pool ~ why would you with the ocean right there!), ate some good food (especially the last night ~ yum!), relaxed some more, did some light snorkeling along the beach, and just enjoyed our vacation and being together!! (We passed a major dating obstacle in that we know we can travel together and not kill each other! LOL!)


**My BFF is coming to see me tomorrow for a few days and then I'm heading to her house for a few days, so I may be MIA again for a bit! But promise pics when I return! :-)

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Glad you are back! You were missed! Love love love the pics and your new bloggy look!

Tasha said...

Missed you!!!WOW the trip sounds great...Glad you had a good time.

la bellina mammina said...

Welcome back! And those pics are beautiful - the sunset is so awesome..

Angel said...

WELCOME BACK! Your vacation sounds wonderful! WOW! I'm jealous!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun!

By the way, my BFF and I have an understanding that BFF actually stands for Best F**ing Friend. We like to use vulgar words. :)

marykathryn said...

Sounds like you had a blast!! I want to go to Mexico!! I went to Cancun for our Senoir class trip and we went snorkeling I wanted to touch all the beautiful fish, but Rusty reminded me by slapping my hand that they probably had TEETH!!..hehe

Steff said...

I had a great time in Cozumel too! We didn't see any sharks on our snorkling adventure (and not many fish either) but it was fun! Now, I suppose it's time to settle in and get ready for school to start huh? It is for me.