Monday, July 16, 2007

Our Hiking Trip today!

Kevin, Jax (the rotten boxer) and I went for a hike this morning at Lake Sylvia - a very neat place that I didn't know existed!! It was only about a 45 minute drive and will be a cool spot to go back and camp. I am sure we will head back in the fall!! It will really be gorgeous when the leaves are changing colors!!!
This is me and Jax at the beginning of the hike when we both had energy and thought this is easy! ha! Notice at the moment we are on flat ground....the climbing was soon to begin!! You will also notice Jax in the lead here - he thinks he has to be in front at all times! But, he is just as out of shape as I am and at times, he fell to the back of the line!! He made it though or rather WE made it! LOL!
The view from the top was worth the effort to get there!!
The dam was really to see up close!
My two favorite boys leading the way!!
A great day!!! :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like Devils Den...made those reservations yet???
Michelle

la bellina mammina said...

That looks like do much fun!!

Tasha said...

What a beautiful view...hiking sounds fun..Never tried it.

Anonymous said...

Neat! Did you take a picture of the swimming area? If so, I'd like to see it.

Lori said...

Yes ma'am - I just posted it on the family site. It reminded me of something from the 50's...just a really cool place!

Steff said...

My dad used to take me hiking. It was some great bonding time. Everything is so green and pretty! Glad you guys had a great time. :)

Lindsey said...

Looks like soooo much fun! And gorgeous SCRAPBOOKABLE shots too!