Monday, July 02, 2007

My Saturday

I had these great plans on Saturday of sleeping in late (morning after scrappin', it's a must! We scrap until early mornin' hours!), maybe doing a bit more scrappin', laying around a bit and being lazy, and then heading out to Autumn's (my niece) horse show. NOT what happened! First of all, everytime I would roll over, Jax (the most rotten dog in the world!!) would get up and start whining and jumping around thinking it was time to get up! urgh! Then, when I finally DID cave in and get up, I decided...hmmm...a McDonald's breakfast sounds good! Load the spoiled rotten dog into the car thinking a car ride will satisfy him and we can nap later! NOPE! The car is DEAD!!! Yep...won't start! Worst part is that I had taken it to two different stores in the past two weeks for a battery check and neither place would sell me a battery - long story! Well...now I have to 'phone a husband' to borrow...who to call? who to call? Who is next on my rotation of heroes to save my day? ha! Did I mention that the spoiled dog is still expecting his car ride and won't get out of the car!?! It took me 15 minutes to coax him out of the car!! He thought I was playing a game! LOL! Anyway...Troy was the lucky hubby who got to come over and help me get a new battery!!! THANKS TROY! And, yes this is the same 'rent a hubby' who changed my flat tire about a month or so ago!!! Isn't he a lucky guy? LOL! I am thinking my name is about to be blocked from their phone! ha! Seriously, I am SO blessed to live close by family members who help me out from time to time. God certainly led me in the right direction when he led me to buy this house!!!

After the battery was repaired, I did manage to take a short nap and head out to the Horse Show. I will have to post a slide show of some of the pics tomorrow. It was at a really neat horse ranch on 200 acres ~ lots of cool stuff!!!

I'll leave you with a video today of my niece riding Sergio in the pole event (I'm sure there is a more specific name but I'm not the horse person in the family.) This is the best she has done in this event so far!! yay! (Sorry it is a bit blurry ~ it is the video on my camera and sometimes doesn't get focused before she takes off!)


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

4 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

Glad you got some help - the video clip is cool!!

Woo Pig Brewey! said...

I wish I lived closer to Troy and Tanner! I could use those guys.

marykathryn said...

So funny...rent a hubby..that cracked me up!! Glad you got everything going..finally.. and still got to see your niece.

Trina said...

My mom has to rent a hubby a lot too! So I can relate to your dilemma. You are blessed to have your family so close and so good hearted about it. However, you are so sweet, that Im sure you are always doing and thinking of them too. So you deserve to be well cared for!