Thursday, July 12, 2007

Updates & Happenings

Poker ~ I went to play poker last night with some friends from summer school. YUCK! (not to the friends but to poker!) I hated it! And not because I lost either (I know that is what you were thinking! ha!) I went with $20 and left with $23.75. Not bad for a first timer. It was dealers choice, and there were way too many games to learn in one night for my adult ADD brain to handle!! I won't be going back unless it is as a spectator to watch Kevin play! ha! I am sure the other regular players won't mind that one bit b/c I am pretty sure they got tired of my questions! :-)

Kevin's job search ~ He had a great week as far as making some good connections!! Turns out one of his fraternity/college friends works at one of the companies he was looking into. Once he got there, the friend showed him around and introduced him to some people. The next day, he pulled his app for him and took to someone who then gave Kevin a phone interview. So, this is a promising lead. Then, he hooked up with another friend (the one who snagged him the awesome catering job a few weeks ago!) and that friend is working on getting him in the door there. I feel certain one of these will pan out over the next few weeks.

Summer plans ~ Today was the last day of summer school!!! Woo-hoo! So...I officially begin my summer break! The only bummer is we were all a little disappointed in our summer school paycheck today. Payroll got messed up ~ long story, but I am going to pay off two bills tomorrow. So, it only sits in my account for a day anyway! ha! On the bright side, at least I have the funds to pay off the bills! :-)

Vacation to Mexico ~ To clear up any and all misconceptions (b/c I've been asked a few times!!) Read this sentence aloud: Kevin and I are NOT getting married in Cozumel. We are JUST going on a much needed vacation!! LOL! Now, to those who know me and know that the last time I went on vacation with a boyfriend, I came back married! ha! That must be where this idea entered your head. I promise this is not a repeat performance!! I do love Kevin with all my heart, but neither one of us is ready for marriage again yet! :-) AND I PROMISE to give you all advance notice before we do anything crazy like that! ha!

Now...I'm going to get ready for my weekend camping trip!!!!!

11 comments:

marykathryn said...

Well there was so much info in that post that I'm not sure what to comment about..hehe
Congrats to Kevin on the promising leads,to you on the end of work, and the upcoming fun vacation, whoohoo Mexico!!..Sorry about the bad expeience at poker night and about the mix up on pay checks..What a bummer!!
Okay I think I covered it all..LOL

Tan said...

Have a great trip, I hope the job leads work out, and I hate poker too!

Tasha said...

Good luck to Kevin..hope something works out...

la bellina mammina said...

Enjoy your well-deserved vacation!!

Lindsey said...

I LOVE LOVE paying off bills like that....too bad it doesn't happen too often:) Anyway, congrats on the lead in the job searches for Kevin!

Lindsey said...

Oh yeah, I can't stand crazy card games with lots of rules like those too....I avoid parties with them!

Anonymous said...

You better not be getting married with out me there!!!!That BFF might just turn to FF!! ahah
Michelle

Lori said...

Don't worry Ms. Michelle you will be there when we get married! :-)

Anonymous said...

Did you say "when" we get married? How exciting Lori!

Figured I hadn't stirred things up enough for you yet so thought I would continue!

Kim

Trina said...

It sounds like you've been a busy girl as usual! hehehe I had to giggle about everyone razzing you about getting married AGAIN! hahaha I just want lots of photos when you decide to take the plunge, and tons of details...Now go enjoy that camping trip this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm not big on poker either! the Hubs and I play it and I can't stand it! LOL. Hope you have fun on your camping trip!!