Thursday, August 09, 2007

Catering 101

It has been yummy around here! Kevin has been catering lunch the past two for my cousin Sandy's office...I wish I could make your computer screens like a scratch and sniff and give you a whiff of the aroma around here the past two days! Yesterday was BBQ ~ the big grill now occupying the deck smelled like a slice of heaven!! And, Jax, the rotten dog, thought he WAS in heaven with all the scraps that fell on the floor or off the grill! LOL!
Today is lasagna!! I have requested he make us a dish off to the side!! I mean, we have to eat too!!! He has been working away in the kitchen all morning ~ I snuck in and got some pics!! If I were Oprah, this is where all your doorbells would ring and you would get to taste test the lasagna for yourselves! ha!

He is apparently no where near finishing sprucing these up ~ he adds stuff constantly! And, doesn't buy much from the store that isn't added to for a "better" flavor!

And, 3 1/2 years later, my kitchen is finally broken in and being used! My stove doesn't know what hit it! LOL!

We have spent our mornings until lunch getting ready for the catering, and I am spending my afternoons in the classroom trying to get it ready for school! Yesterday stressed me out!!! The teacher whose room I am moving into was there IN THAT ROOM for 20 years! Yesterday, I cleaned out her stuff ~ today, hopefully, I will start organizing mine!!

**If I temporarily disappear, we are trying to go wireless, and it didn't go well last night! Anyone else have wireless Internet?


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

OMG the stress of moving into a new room. Ah! And having to get someone else's out! Yuck! Good luck, I know you will get it all done. When is your first day with kiddos?

Tasha said...

So funny about your stove...I bet its thinking, what the heck is this stuff on me, LOL!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!

Good luck with the classroom, and your wireless internet (which I know nothing about!)

:)

Steff said...

I wish it was scratch and sniff too! But more importantly I wish my door bell was ringing. That looks like it's going to be wonderful!

How far South will Kevin come to deliver food?! :)