Friday, August 03, 2007

I was tagged!

I was tagged by MaryKathryn over at Just Going With the Flow... You know I'm a sucker for these things, so I'm going to do it everytime! It's like those getting to know you emails ~ you either love 'em or hate 'em! LOL! And, I guess I love 'em! hee-hee!

Ok - basically I had to come up with 8 random facts about me. I tried to come up with stuff that I hadn't put on any other tag, so it was kindof tough! Here goes:

Rules: 1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. 2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules. 4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.

1. I love giving people gifts ~ especially if I've made them something like a scrapbook, or I know it is something they really wanted or needed. But, I have a hard time holding onto it for very long. I get so excited about giving it to them that I want to give it to them right then!

2. I didn't always have all these freckles! They are a result of the sun ~ oh if only I had realized!!! But anyway, it is the first thing people from High School notice if they haven't seen me since then ~ the dreaded freckles!!!

3. I can't lie even if I want to! Those little white lies even get me! If you are paying any attention at all when I'm trying to lie, you will catch me b/c I squirm and even have a big grin on my face! It's really pitiful!

4. I HAVE to eat poptarts and drink a Dr. Pepper every morning!! I couldn't BELIEVE there was NO Dr. Pepper in Cozumel!!!! NO Dr.Pepper!! I calmed down eventually, but it was hard! ha!

5. My junk drawer is even organized. I really can't help it! :-)

6. I started my Masters in hopes that I would get a chance at a family someday and be able to be in a job that could stay at work and have less stress so I could put all my focus and love into my family where it should be. I don't know what it is going to be like this year at a new job, but working at an inner city poverty school, I put alot of my energy into my job, and there are days when it would leave me with nothing left to give. I didn't want to neglect family for my job! So ~ I started my masters in Library Science and Media, because getting kids into reading is really my favorite part anyway!!!

7. I LOVE to read! And according to Kevin, it is freaky how fast I can read a book! ha! I have read about 5 James Patterson books this summer. I wish I had more time to read during the school year!

8. I love to help others and do things for other people, but I am horrible at asking or even accepting help for myself. I feel bad like I am imposing on people or something when I have to ask for help.

And...there you have it! Hopefully 8 NEW facts! Now I am supposed to tag 8 more folks, but after reading most of my blog reads yesterday, I think all have already been tagged. So ~ if you read this and haven't been tagged. Go ahead and do it too!


4 comments:

Steff said...

I like giving gifts simply for the sake of giving too! My cousin and I had a box that we mailed back and forth to each other in college. It had little gifts and such...just a reminder that the other was being thought of and loved. We called him Rover! How silly, huh?!

And number 5...you're sick. Seriously, I think you need professional help!

Lori said...

On #5 - yes, I know!! I can't even help it!

la bellina mammina said...

I love receiving - but I love giving even more:-)

What's a poptart?

Woo Pig Brewey! said...

Heh heh Dr. Pepper and a Pop Tart. Good way to start the day.