Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day Success!!

I literally had the best first day of school I have ever experienced in 10 years of teaching! And, for the first time, I didn't have those first day jitters! Thanks for all the good thoughts you all sent my way!
I think I have some neat kids!! I took some pics to share with you ~ you will notice I am over-run with girls! The other 3rd grade classes are too! The teacher across the hall only has 4 boys! yikes!

I was telling Kevin that it usually takes me all year to teach manners and being polite. Today when I sneezed over half the class said "Bless you!" I was in awe ~ you mean, classrooms can come with manners? ha!

Always on task when the camera is out! :-)

10 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

That's great! And your kids look so adorable. Come over and visit, you have an award waiting to be collected!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome - I am so happy for you. You deserve a great year.

Tasha said...

Oh, Lori, I am so happy for you. Congrats on a great class! You deserve it girl!

Lindsey said...

Congrats on a great start Lori! It's always such a good feeling!!

Lindsay @ Splat Designs said...

YAY! I am so glad you are off to a great start!
xoxox
L

Anonymous said...

So glad your loving your new school. Not that you ever wondered but now you know you made the right move, congrats!
Peggy

Anonymous said...

Yeay!

Ok, so are those uniforms or do parents really only dress their kids in 2 colors nowadays?

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad your first day of school was so cool! Your classroom is adorable! And, glad to see Nibbles finally has a proper home. Although, I must say that going to the bathroom at your house won't be the same without him! HA!

Trina said...

That is polite!! Seriously loving the BLESS YOU! hehehe I also love that your students are in uniform. They look so tidy! I hope this is a fantastic year Lori!

Angel said...

I'm glad you had such a great first day! That is awesome! You have a good looking class.