Monday, December 25, 2006

Travelin' Arkansas for the Holidays!

I'm finally back home & just about ready to snuggle up in my own bed!! I feel like I've been on the road for a week, but it has only been since Saturday morning. Got some good family time in and will start posting pictures from the past few days tomorrow!!

Saturday, I went to the exciting town of Piggott for Christmas at my Granny's! We had a good time & Santa dropped by for the young 'uns. I think the cutest thing was when Summer (my cousin's 2 1/2 year old) told Santa all she wanted for Christmas was "pencils and paper please!" She is just precious! Last year, all she wanted was an apple! ha! Anyway - Santa gave her a package to open & it had lots of paper and pens in it. She looked at those pens and snarled up and said, "These are pens!! I wanted pencils!" LOL! It was cute!!

The adults play dirty Santa and exchange gifts that way. Usually I am the only girl that will steal, but this year after I stole Kim's treasured Razorback watch, it set into motion a fun cycle of taking gifts! yay girls!! :-) I don't even have to feel bad (not that I did ~ ha) b/c Kim ended up actually getting the same Razorback watch I stole from her as a gift from one of her friends the very next day! So...see I did her a favor & we will both be cute at the next hog game!

After Granny's, I went to Rector (about 15 min. away) to visit Kevin and his family for Christmas. He is doing really well and is in a good frame of mind. His parents and him have mapped out a plan of AA meetings, bible study, and counseling that will help him to get to a place where he won't want to drink. We are all very hopeful that is on the path to a healthy, happy life. The desire is there ~ he just has alot to overcome. But, we all had fun playing games and talking and laughing. His parents are wonderful people and very easy to be with. We played a game called sequence that we played over Thanksgiving. Kevin's Mom beat us pretty badly over Thanksgiving, but we came back this time and won all but one hand!!! :-)

On Christmas Eve, I went to church with Kevin's family. The service was really beautiful. The youth group did a stick service performance. It was amazing!! I don't really know how to describe it - you would have to see it. Anyway - after church & lunch, I headed to my Mom and Dad's place (back in the car!!). We just hung out and got the house ready for Autumn & Bubby to come over today. Then, wham! Christmas morning! It sure was a cold, wet yucky day!! Autumn was,of course, the star of the day! She is a hoot! I hope one of the video's I took of her performing (singing & dancing) turned out. If so, I'll post this week!

Anyway - I'm tired from all the driving! But ready to spend all my gift certificates this week and take all my Christmas stuff down!! I know it is Christmas night & I'm already talking about taking it down, but I'm ready to have my regular stuff back out! ha!

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Christmas Day today! :-0)

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

You were so busy!
Sounds like you had a good time though, I cant wait to see pictures!