Wednesday, December 13, 2006

School Stories...

A funny one: I have a stool that sits at the front of the room that both myself and the kids use on a daily basis. I usually sit on it while they are reading aloud or sharing their writing pieces. Today, we wrote stories about traveling back in time. The last 5 minutes before lunch, we were ready to share some of the stories aloud. I sat on my stool to listen & KABOOM - it totally collapsed!!! I landed on my rear in the floor! LOL! My kids were shocked & actually checked to make sure I was ok before we all started laughing! ha!

Another funny: We write in journals weekly. Each week they write about whatever they want, and I write back to them. There is a boy in my class who has the biggest crush on one of the girls in the room. He wrote a whole journal about her last week. So, I replied, "What is it you like about her?" hee-hee! His response this week: "She is nice and pretty. But mostly because she is a hottie with a body!" Oh my! They start young! ha!

In frustrating school news: They are literally bouncing off the walls & I don't think the holiday break is going to get here fast enough to save us teachers!!! It's not just my room ~ it's school wide! (of course my class and one 5th grade room has the reputation as being the worst in the school ~ so multiply our troubles!!!) My class started a food fight in the cafeteria yesterday. Anyone surprised????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great stories Lori and sorry about your troubles this year

Kim

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone called me a hottie with a body. I would have like....3 bucks