Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Life

I'm mainly making today's post so I won't have to re-tell it over and over ~ especially over the holidays! It is easier on me to hit everyone with one punch on this one & I know there will be mixed reactions. Trust me ~ I know everything you can & will or want to say. Here goes (with minimal details b/c some things should just stay "off the record"):

I am almost positive that all of you know that Kevin is a recovering alcoholic. He is very open about it, & it is not a secret. This is a disease that he will struggle with on a daily basis for the rest of his life. He has had a relapse in the past few days. As a result, we are no longer "seeing each other" because I strongly feel he needs to have all his focus on himself and overcoming the disease. I KNOW he can beat this b/c he is a good person with a big heart, AND he wants to win this battle!!

I will continue to support him as a friend. We have been friends since we were little kids, and I will not turn my back on a life-long friend. Some of you will agree with this & some will not. That is your right. All I ask is that you try not judge him. Instead say a daily prayer for him that he gets well so he can lead a healthy and happy life.

I ask for your understanding in that I don't want to really talk about this ~ I am taking it a day at a time. Don't worry about me - I've been here before unfortunately, and I will pick myself up and move on like I always find the strength to do.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Lori- I am so sorry you have to go through this and I am sorry Kevin does also. I want you to know if you need anything I am here for you... by email or jsut gimme a call! I will be thinking and praying for you both.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for both of you that this happened.
I will keep you both in my thoughts as you go through this struggle. I wish the best for both of you. If you change your mind and want to talk about it let me know or if there is anything I can do for you just call me. I'm sure he is glad to have a friend like you for support! Good Luck and hang in there, surely there is a rainbow around the corner!
Peggy

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out for Kevin and I will keep him in my prayers. I totally understand you sticking by him as any good FRIEND would. I admire you for trying to "save the world" even though you know it can't be done.
You know I am here when needed.

D

L said...

Awww, babe - this sucks. I'm so sorry that this is happening. Just know that we love you and we'll send up lots of prayers for the both of you.

Anonymous said...

We love you, Lori, and have grown to love Kevin, too. I would do anything for you and just wish I could fix things for you! My absolute heart's desire is for you to be happy. I know that will come in God's time. (I just wish He would hurry up!) We will definitely keep Kevin in our prayers and wish him the best.