Sunday, December 28, 2008

Opinions Please!!

And folks, that means you can't just read it, you have to actually leave a comment with your opinion!! If you are really comment challenged, then shot me an email. Indulge me people!
Ok - this is a fun topic...well, fun to some I guess! Kevin and I have been talking about our wedding lately (gasp - what?!? Did she say wedding? Yes, she did! Now, before the gossip really kicks up, let me say this - we are not officially engaged or anything. We are kind of like that Dixie Chicks song "I shouldn't be wearing white and you can't afford no ring." LOL!) Ok - seriously, it is not a matter of if we get married but when. I mean really do you think we we've been through all this and stuck by each other for nothing? :-) Our love has done nothing but grow stronger with each trial that has come our way.
So...here's where your opinion matters (sort of - I mean you know we'll do what we want anyway! Ha!). What kind of wedding should we have? After all, it is a second marriage for both of us. But, then you gotta look at our history and all we've been through together over just the past 2 1/2 years...that doesn't even count us breaking each others hearts when we were 15 years old. He will, of course, tell you that I broke HIS...But, I am getting off topic...
Here are the wedding options we have come up with:
Option 1 ~ (Kevin's idea & a sweet one at that) We could get married in Newport at the church where we met & grew up in as little kids by the preacher we both loved as kids. Small, simple, very casual ceremony with close friends and family.
Option 2 ~ (my idea) We could take our parents on a trip and just get married on a beach somewhere barefoot in the sand...no stressful planning.
Option 3 ~ (Director at John 3:16 idea) We could get married at the chapel at John 3:16. Again, small, simple, very casual with close friends and family. No one that has gotten married there has gotten a divorce. (just a side note - ha).
**Note: When I say close friends and family, both our families are big. A family gathering with my family alone is 45 people and his family is about the same...I don't want big...how to do you make cuts? There are so many people who have supported us and I wouldn't want them left out. This is when option 2 looks good to me! :-)
Now...let's hear it. You have to choose 1, 2, or 3 unless you have a really cool idea. Oh, if there are any negative nellies out there who don't think we should get married, well, your vote doesn't count! hee-hee

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like #3 with the guest options of #2. Then have a nice reception where everyone can join you.

Anonymous said...

I vote #3 with just your immediate families, very small, then a bbq blast with bring your own side dish buffet with the bigger group so we can all celebrate! Smaller will be less stressful for the wedding and you want it to be a special day, plus John 3:16 is very special to both of you. My special security word was "fredings", which rhymes with weddings! Tee hee.

L said...

Go off by yourselves and get married barefoot on the beach (that just sounds so serene to me) and then come back and throw a big bbq reception w/your giant families!

L said...

Oh wait - one other idea! Get married at John 3:16 then go to the beach for a honeymoon then come back and throw the bbq reception! Aww heck.. any of those ideas will work - I guess the most important thing is getting married to your sweetheart! :-)

Lindsey said...

I'm torn too!!! I think the best suggestion is getting married at John 3:16 because of its significance in BOTH your lives, then the beach honeymoon, and a great BBQ reception when you come home. That's the best of both worlds!! I'm so happy for the two of you. I know you aren't engaged yet, but in all seriousness, you have been spiritually engaged for a while now, and I can't wait till you are hubby and wife!! Yay!!

Lori said...

I must admit, I am liking this new option 4 you gals have come up with. A little of everything!! It would be super easy to have a big reception at John 3:16 and just have a few people in the chapel with us while we get married...hmmmm....

Tasha said...

I like the idea of #2...a beach wedding this summer and then a BBQ reception for the rest fo the family and friends. Hey maybe me and Lindsey could drive down for some of Kevins YUMMY BBQ...LOL..

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be no help because I like all 3 options!! haha. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I did option #2 myself and I can tell you it was NOT less stressful at all, just made it harder actually. I like option #1. Invite only your immediate family, then go off on a honeymoon somewhere and when you're back throw the bbq reception with the entire family and lots of friends! I'd also like to offer up another option - come to WV and let me plan your wedding! Please?

Becca B. said...

I vote number 4, but I will support you guys no matter what even from a distance, so that your day wil be exactly what you both want.

Anonymous said...

I vote get married at John 3:16. If your marriage get offs to as good of a start there as Kevin has then you guys will have it made. They haven't steered you wrong yet.
Peggy