Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Keeper of the Keys by Perri O'Shaughnessy

**Finally, a good book! woo-hoo! It's been a few reads for me. And, you know I started keeping track of what I read on here this year because of my New Year's Resolution to read more. I think this made book 12 this year, so one a month....not bad for a girl working on her master's. Patting myself on the back!

From the jacket: For ambitious, troubled architect Ray Jackson, the nightmare begins one sultry California night when his wife disappears. No phone call, no ransom note, no body, reveals whether Leigh is dead or alive.
Then suddenly, a woman shows up on Ray's doorstep demanding answers: Kathleen, an old friend of Leigh's. Ray wants answers too, but his questions seem strange and shady to Kat. Suspected by his wife's friend and the police, Ray launches a desperate and alarming search of his own. Using a collection of keys he has held on to since he was a boy - keys to homes he and his mother once lived in - Ray quietly yet boldly enters each house, one by one, hoping to unlock the secrets of his past. As past and present collide, as a chilling mystery begins to unravel, Ray is suddenly confronted with the most agonizing decision of his life - to face his own violence-laden past, acting to prevent another horrendous act of violence, or not. His choice will leave nothing and no one the same.

What I thought: I loved it! I kept changing my mind about what I thought happened to his wife through the entire book. I wanted to read more and find out what happened...couldn't put it down! If you love a good mystery, this is a good read. It also made me want to change all the locks on my house! ha!

0 comments: