Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Praise Report

Every Sunday at John 3:16, the residents and graduates stand up and give their individual praise reports for what they are grateful for that week. So, in honor of them, here is mine:

This week I am grateful that Kevin has made it to the half-way point in his stay at John 3:16 and the positive changes I see him. I am grateful that Kevin had his court date this week and got that behind us. That is the closing of a chapter in Kevin's life. It was good to be reminded of how bad things had gotten, so we could truly appreciate how far he has come in the past three months.

I am grateful that John 3:16 came into our lives, because it reaches far beyond just Kevin and his addiction. I have benefited and grown from this experience too. John 3:16 has been an inspiration for me and has shown me how to live for God and with God in my life. Before this, I just went to church on Sunday, but I didn't live it. Now, I not only read my Bible nightly but I reflect on what I've read and ask how it pertains to me and my life. I seek out more material to read. I am not afraid to talk about God to other people. I have started going to a Bible Study. And, this is just the beginning of what John 3:16 has done for me. So, maybe you can see why when I say we may move to Batesville, it isn't ALL for Kevin. I feel a pull to be near this place that brought so much peace into both our lives. I praise God daily for John 3:16 and answered prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life!

You didn't think I knew that, now did you?? LOL

I'm so happy for both you and Kevin and the changes you have made and the peace you have found. I understand completely your need to move closer to the facility. Keep the faith and I'm sure you will find the perfect home and all the answers you need to make the move. Isn't it amazing how things can seem so grim at one point and then turn around to be a really positive thing in our lives?? I guess what they say is true: God works in mysterious ways! Sometimes it's hard to see that, but I believe it!

Lindsey said...

I, too, and so happy for these wonderful changes happening in your lives. I remember a while back when you and Kevin were trying to find a church together and it was taking some time. It looks like your prayers were answered. I'm so happy for both of you. XOXOXO