Monday, December 22, 2008

Griswold Kind of Christmas

Dad had the great idea to drive us all (me, my bubby, his wife, their two girls, Mom and Dad) to Granny's for Christmas on Saturday. We had all spent the night at Mom & Dad's the night before & it made more sense than taking 3 cars AND a lot more fun!
All aboard the Griswold RV Christmas train!!!!
Now, there are many fun moments that need to be written down and remembered about this trip. But, first you should all know that we cheered and clapped when we made it to Granny's driveway. On this 2 hour drive, we had no heat and it was COLD. We were all covered in blankets...except Dad...the driver in the front had heat. Ours was escaping through the vent that we very quickly discovered was missing a screw and wouldn't crank down! ha!
When we were within 45 minutes or so of our destination, we noticed we were losing speed...hmmm? Not going over 45 mph and cars passing us left and right. The adults noticed a puttering kind of feel to the RV. Many "think we are going to make it" looks passed between the adults!!! But we made it & after we opened gifts, Dad left with Uncle Terry to work on the RV, so we could make it home safely. So, imagine being 2 hours away and 6 of us at Granny's house wondering if our ride was going to be repaired or if we were stuck....stuck in itty, bitty Piggott!! Dad fixed it and we were all saved...saved to ride home in the even colder weather with no heat! :-) But it was FUN! I vote we take the RV every year.
My favorite moment was when a car blocked dad from making his turn and we all asked where he was going he said, "Some *#*hole cut me off & I missed my turn!" Autumn whipped around QUICK and pointed her finger at him and said, "I can't believe you just said that!" You probably had to be there, but we were all rolling!!

Thanks Dad for getting there and back safely! I loved having a Griswold kind of Christmas!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

How fun! And oh the memories, and pictures I'm sure too!!

Tasha said...

FUN, camping for Christmas! LOL.

L said...

Hilarious - nothing like some family bonding time during the holidays! Reminds me of some funny family memories of my own!

Anonymous said...

A Christmas memory you'll never forget!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun!
I remember riding from Piggott to Little Rock in the Gower van when we were kids. We sang all the way and Aunt Lyn had us shelling peas or snapping green beans I don't remember which but we finished them up in no time.