Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cross Country By James Patterson

From the jacket: Detective Alex Cross is called to the worst murder scene he has encountered in all his years on the force. Someone with less than zero regard for human life has slaughtered a family - and then more killings, each one more ruthless than the last, quickly follow. One of these deaths comes terrifyingly close to home, and Alex realizes that he is chasing a horrible new breed of killer.

As Alex and his girlfriend, Detective Brianna Stone, dig deeper into the case, they become entangled in the deadly African underworld of Washington DC. What they discover there is so shocking that they can barely comprehend it: a strongly organized gang of teenage thugs headed by a diabolical warlord known only as the Tiger. When the elusive killer's trail turns up in Africa, Alex knows that he must follow. Alone.

My thoughts: The Alex Cross series is my absolute favorite mystery series to read and this one does NOT disappoint. I started it last night and finished it today. So - to my other Cross fans (Peggy and Christie), this is a MUST read!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read this. I told Alan to get it for my birthday.
I am so glad Dr. Cross is back!
Peggy