Friday, December 26, 2008

Back again!

I am finally home again after burning up the Arkansas highways some more for the holidays! I am tired of being in the car for sure!! I took Kevin back to camp today after getting to be with him for 2 days, and I'm not going to lie to you. It was a little bit hard to leave him. I cried...a few times! :-) But, it's all for the best...luckily, we were never sad at the same time, so the other one could hold the sad one up! Funny how that works...anyway, we know how blessed we were to be together and with our families for Christmas.
On a cheerful note (cause you know I don't like to be sad for long...I'm about to take it out on this house and give it a good scrubbin', then I'll be fine! ha!), here are some of our Christmas favorites this year.
Kevin's favorite moments were our car rides together because it was just the two of us (isn't he a sweet one! hee-hee!).
My favorite moments were playing guitar hero with his nephews. That was FUN! I want one of those games!! I went from 21% on my first try to 70% by the end of the day!! Pretty good progress. Although, I am horrible!!! ha!
My other favorite moments were out riding the horses on Christmas day with my nieces. You knew we'd have to get horses in sometime!! :-) It was so COLD, but I still loved it! My feet stayed on the ground, and I took pictures. But, Autumn just had to dare Kevin to ride and call him a chicken. So...he can't resist a dare and rode Shena! She's not always nice, but he didn't get thrown! ha!
Favorite presents...
My favorite presents were my Dr. Pepper PJ pants (How AWESOME!! You know how much I love DP!!!), my Christmas money, and a book from Mom called Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. Of course, after 2 sentences, I cried! Kevin's favorite presents were his BB gun (he was like a little kid and wanted to immediately go outside and start shooting things!!) and his Christmas money. Can't wait to hear about everyone else's holidays!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. I love the photo of you in your Dr. Pepper PJs!!

We had a nice relaxing day here yesterday - nothing like lunch and a nap!!!

Lindsey said...

Lori what a great CHristmas! That's wonderful that you two got to spend those days together, and the traveling in the car together is so special because it's just the two of you. I'm jealous...you get to clean today!!

L said...

Sounds like you guys had a Fabulous holiday! I'm getting ready to try and clean up the huge mess of toys that has taken over my house today! I think my kids got more from their g-ma's than ole Santa!

Tasha said...

What a great Christmas...I am so happy you got to be with Kevin this year,

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that picture of you and Kevin at the top of this post. Glad you had a great holiday and Kevin looks like he is doing great!
Peggy

Anonymous said...

I soooo have those same pants!!

The picture of you and Kevin in the red is just fabulous!!

Oh, and tell Kevin "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"