Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cranky

I am in a funk...a cranky funk...and I am going to let it carry over into tomorrow so I can be a "mean teacher" because my kids were horrible for the sub today! Why am I cranky you ask? Oh, let me count the ways...

1. I suck at crafts. How do people wrap presents with all those cool bows and ribbon? I thought I would try it today. It looks like a 10 year old wrapped my presents!

2. Christmas planning...urgh! It stresses me to even think about it. Usually it isn't such a big ordeal but with Kevin getting to come home for two days (but with restrictions) and me wanting to be where he is, well, it complicates things. Of course, there is the big question of what to do with the dog...you know, my spoiled, rotten, high-maintenance, dog aggressive, separation anxiety, scared of storms dog? Yep, gotta figure out what to do with him....jeez! I know there are those of you that are saying he is just a dog - board him or have someone come over and throw some food his way, but I refer you back to separation anxiety dog. Plus the fact that he is not just a dog to me. He is my only companion in life that has never, ever let me down. So, I try to return the favor.

3. Then, there is my class. I got a 2 1/2 page email from the sub today. The sub that I made special arrangements to have so they could have a nice day. I should've just left it to the system and let them have any old sub. This sub is a parent of one of my kids and was mortified at their behavior. They were so disrespectful. Oh....they will regret coming to school tomorrow, I promise you that! I can't believe how they acted.

4. And, lastly, let's just be honest for a minute. I didn't play hookie from school today to go Christmas shopping. Today was Kevin's court date for his DWI. I mean, I didn't come out and say to everyone (some knew) that he got arrested for drinking and driving, but I hinted at it. And, you had to know something serious went down for me to finally give him the ultimatum of 'moving out and it's over' or 'going to rehab'. So, today was my first time in a courtroom. I didn't like it and don't ever want to go back. He got a hefty fine, a choice between 10 days in jail or 20 days of community service, a 10 hour class on alcohol and self-help, and 2 year suspended license. Good times! You know I HATE drinking and driving, H.A.T.E. it! And, I am all for consequences for your actions. But my palms were still sweating and I was still nervous for him because I love him. Do I love him enough to drive him around for 2 years? Well, yes, of course I do. As long as he also rides a bike some and walks some! :-) Live and learn.... It could have been so much worse. He could've killed someone that night. That is something he couldn't live with and neither could I.

So there you have it, my very solid reasons to be in a cranky mood. Don't tell me to cheer up...I will tomorrow at 2:25!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, girl - you are SOOO putting on your big girl Chrismas panties and going to look at lights with me tonight. We are going to get in the Christmas spirit TOGETHER! love ya, (by the way - my security word that I had to type in to post this comment .....humped) Ha. Someone in the security business has a sense of humor.

Angel said...

I'm definitely not telling you to cheer up. Because that is a lot of shit to deal with. I feel for you. I really do. I know how it feels to have your life turn upside down with things.

Hang tough and drink a DP :)

Tasha said...

I say its okay to be in a funk sometimes. I will be funky with you okay!

Lindsey said...

Take it out on your class tomorrow. They are the ones who deserve it!! And no, I'm not being heartless, I've just been in the same boat with my class being rotten and it looks bad on you and is even more embarrassing!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...the Christmas wrapping doesn't matter! Who has that kind of time anyway?

As for Kevin, THANK GOD he is doing so much better. Imagine how much harder it would have been to sit in that courtroom if he was NOT at John 3:16 and getting help. Be thankful for that; and yes of course you will drive him around for two years (but make him do ALL the cooking -- and cleaning -- for those two years!)

Last, but definitely not least: Just a dog??? Jax!!?? NEVER!!

Hugs to you!

(Oh, and my security word was ansie! I never get good words like humped!)