Monday, September 22, 2008

STUPID weedeaters & GREAT neighbors...

Anyone remember how last summer I had lawnmower trouble all season? Couldn't keep one running...this year, the lawnmower is running (knock on wood), but the STUPID weedeater or should I say weedeaters plural are worthless!!! URGH! I got one last year at the beginning of yard work season that was battery powered. Loved it! It was light weight, and I didn't feel like my arms were going to fall off after weedeating. Well, this year, the battery won't hold the charge. It would take 3 days of charging and weedeating to get the yard done. So, Kevin has a big gas powered weedeater. I hate that thing, but it doesn't matter b/c it is sitting in the garage in pieces from him working on it over a month ago and not being able to fix it. Enter my parents weekeater that I borrowed a few weeks ago. My neighbor came over yesterday to help me get it started. After getting me started and having a good laugh because I would scream everytime it got to going too fast ~ have I mentioned I HATE gas powered weedeaters? ha! Anyway, my poor neighbor had to re-start it three times for me. Then, I finally got on a roll and the stupid line ran out! URGH! I now have not one, not two, but three worthless weedeaters in my garage and a backyard that still needs to be done! I have the worst luck with lawn equipment!! Any good recommendations for a weedeater that is lightweight?

Seriously though, I have the BEST neighbors!! On Saturday, they came over to check on me because they hadn't seen me in awhile. In this neighborhood, awhile equals anything over a week. There are days that we all get our lawn chairs and set outside and talk until it gets dark. So, they came over to check in, and I let them know about Kevin and what all had been happening over here. They were very supportive. They also love Kevin - he won them over with his cooking too! ha! So, Sunday, Greg helped me with the weedeater, and tonight Kenya called and was making my favorite meal (beans and cornbread & fried potatoes) and told me to come eat! NO ONE can cook good 'ole southern food like Kenya!! YUM! She didn't have to ask me twice! Before Kevin came along, Kenya fed me on a pretty regular basis because she would just shake her head at what I was eating. hee-hee! Thank goodness for good neighbors!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

What sweet neighbors you have..That makes the difficult times a little easier...

Lindsey said...

I love neighbors that cook:)

Anonymous said...

You're lucky to have good neighbors! My mouth is watering for those beans/cornbread/tators!! As for the lawn, girl, just do it. Break down like we did and HIRE somebody to do the lawn. Then sit back and watch his sexy little self do the weedeating!