Monday, September 15, 2008

Blog Interrupted

I think I have emailed everyone to let them know what is going on here on the home front, but I could have easily missed someone...If I did, forgive me. I've had a lot on my mind lately. I am trying to answer each of your emails personally. Your support is amazing!! I was afraid you might give up on him at this point...thank you for proving me wrong!

As most of you know Kevin went back to rehab yesterday. Last week was a BAD week...emotions were running high. I was partly pissed at him for being so irresponsible and putting others at risk. I was pissed at him for putting us in this situation where he knew we would be apart. I had told him just 3 weeks prior that if he drank again, he couldn't live here anymore. He had to go to rehab or back to his parents. He said at that time he would go to rehab if he drank again. That didn't stop him from trying to beg his way out of it. It was hard last week. Very hard. At times I thought my heart might explode right out of my chest. There were several times when I had to cry out for God to help me because I could not do this on my own. I knew I had to be strong for the both of us. It was easy when I was pissed. It was much harder when I was just sad.

Last week is behind us now. Sunday was no where near as hard as I expected. There was such a peace that went along with leaving him there. This is a different type of rehab. They call it a spiritual boot camp for men with addictions. To be interviewed, you have to attend the church service on Sunday morning and stay after for an interview. The service is what made me know he was at the right place. This place is ran by a couple and the man lived a parallel life to what Kevin has led. This man has now given his life over to God and helping others overcome addictions. Inspiring! I am so relieved that Kevin is there. Now, I just pray he does what he needs to do to get better. The next 30 days may be tough folks. 30 days with no contact - not even by mail. You may have to cheer me up from time to time!!!

I know this is our only chance at a life together, but I miss the Big Bear already. I mean, who is gonna remember to make sure I don't run out of poptarts and Dr. Pepper? :-)

Seriously, keep us in your prayers. I will try this week to get back into my blogging routine. If I have to work through some tough stuff...I'll warn you at the head of the post, so you can skip it if you want!

8 comments:

Erika said...

The two of you will be in my prayers.

Tasha said...

Just stay strong...

Anonymous said...

Okay woman! Real friends don't skip the tough posts so you just stop the apologizing right here and right now! You vent, you rant, you cry...it's your blog and we love you in good times and bad!!

Keep the faith...Kevin will get through this and the two of you will come out on the other side even stronger because of it. Think positive thoughts. This rehab program will work, and if it does not then the two of you will just find something else that will. You're a team and even though I don't know him I can tell by what you've wrote about him here that he is one remarkable guy in spite of the alcohol thing, and he obviously loves you very much, as you do him!!

Enjoy your time apart...even if you miss the big bear and run out of poptarts, at least you can enjoy the quiet time and walk around in curlers and a pair of his favorite boxers if you want!!

Take a nice long bath, read a good book, call a friend, or blog your heart out -- 30 days will pass quickly and once you see him again I'm sure you will feel so much more positive about things. Six months is a small price to pay for a whole lifetime of happiness.

Email or call me anytime you need to talk! Lots of hugs being sent your way!!

Lori said...

Thanks Tan - you forgot the part about my house staying clean! :-)

Lindsay said...

Oh Honey... I am so sorry life is rough for you right now! Know GOD has a plan for the 2 of ya'll! I LOVE you and am here if you need me. my Best Friend has been through this and I have stood by her, if yu need any advice please email, I will give you my number and we can talk!
I LOVE YOU

Laski said...

I've been so behind . . . I had no idea.

Like Lindsay said, there is a reason for all this.

And, you are one hell of a strong woman. Keep the faith and take care of you!

Lindsey said...

I'm cracking up over the house part being clean, because, that was one of the things I had thought about and then instantly felt guilty!! But Tana's right, it will pass quickly. FOcus on you right now and do things to make you happy. When you start visiting Kevin, you will be focued on him, and when he comes home, you will be focused on him and both of you, so now is the time to just worry about LORI!! This rehab WILL work for him. Just keep thinking positive thoughts. You two will make this work! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs to you!!