Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm not even making this up!

Just a sneak peak into my day ~ keep in mind ALL the following events at school happened BEFORE noon!
**Within the first 5 minutes, I had to send a student to the nurse because his head was STILL bleeding from getting hit with a belt buckle. Urghh!! He ended up having to leave school and go to the doctor. It was that bad! I am not even going to go on my rant about the services that are suppose to be in place to help these kids...
**By 9:30 am, I had a student throw up in the floor. Bless her heart! I had just called mom to come pick her up too. Some kids you can just tell when they don't feel good. She didn't have fever but I knew she looked miserable and then....wham! Clean up on aisle 3!
**As that happens, my "slightly off balance" child starts to have a panic attack because there is vomit in the floor. I put a stop to that real quick. Ms. J ain't playing these days guys!
**And, here is an actual conversation in my room that I overheard while we were lining up to go to the restroom.
Student 1: X humps his dad at night.
X: No I don't! I don't even have a dad!
Student 1: Everybody has a dad.
X: Then why haven't I ever seen mine?
(Jeez! This conversation is wrong on SO many levels! Of course, we had the big "go out in the hallway boys" talk.)
**Oh, and let me not forget one of my sweet girls getting called fat by one of the boys on the way to lunch. Wonder if she ate?
That is my day. That didn't even include cleaning up from having a sub yesterday, getting the interim reports ready that were due today, answering a billion emails, documenting all the extra drama that happened today, and trying to set up for tomorrow. Yep, work definitely takes the mind off things! HA!
Then, I got home and started scrubbing the kitchen. Every night I am tackling a different room. The kitchen may take a few nights. That was one of Kevin's main areas! ha! As I am cleaning, I am on the phone with Sandy, one of my BFF's and she says "hey, go look on your front porch." And look what I found:
My friends are the BEST! She even got the right flavor of poptarts. You all did know there is only flavor that counts right? I am covered now in the poptarts and Dr. Pepper area!!! Thanks Sandy! I loved it!!! :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That Sandy is a keeper! What a sweet thing to do and how wonderful it came at the end of a very bad day! You really do have the best friends!

Oh, by the way I am reading and commenting from my blackberry! Finally! Its easy to read but not quite so easy to comment. I am going to have to devise a plan in which I can read on the phone and comment when I get back on the 'puter.

Hope your day goes much better tomorrow, and I sure hope Kevin is doing okay! I'm sure he's missing you like crazy!

Lindsey said...

Oh how sweet!!!! Just when you needed it the most!! What a day. You deserve ice cream or something really naughty for that day!!!

L said...

Well..... Bless yo heart my dear, what a day. Thank goodness for sweet Sandy stopping by - she's a gem that one!

Anonymous said...

It has to get better, and I hope today was vomit free...

You and Kevein are in my thoughts and prayers!

By the way where do I get a 'Sandy' cause I agree the Brown Sugar PopTarts are the ONLY poptarts....

Tasha said...

I don;t even know what to say about your day at work, but I can say what a great friend to know exactly what you need and when you need it the most...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your rough day - but what an amazingly wonderful friend you have!!