Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WANTED

One assistant who can...
*answer a steady stream of emails from parents all day
*document the behavior of all students each day
*answer phone calls
*collect money for a Valentine party
*schedule parent conferences and accommodate all parents (even the ones who DON'T follow the directions on the sign-up form you send out)
*grade papers
*enter all grades into edline
*answer MORE emails regarding grades
*print interim reports
*write conference forms
*print conference forms
*write lesson plans
*return MORE emails
*counsel students
*run errands for supplies needed for lessons

If I can find an assistant to have all this completed by Monday, you are hired, and I MIGHT get my assignments done for my Master's class! Oh, and did I mention it doesn't pay....

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Lori, aren't you supposed to TEACH on top of all that? What are you thinking? You are superwoman!!! Just kidding. Say no to something! To many things, if you can. Hang in there....things always get done, but it's no fun worrying about HOW they get done. I think you should ignore the emails for a while....

Lori said...

HaaaHHHHaaaaa! I wish Lindsey...I have some needy parents this year who think their child is my only student. This is my first year to teach that the parents stress me out worse than the kids! ha!

Anonymous said...

Can you say "Community Service hours"? I have just the teenager for you! He doesn't have anything else to do -ha.

Lori said...

How would he feel about grading papers on a Friday night???

Anonymous said...

Oh, I think he would just love that - it would get him out of the house. What time do you want him?

Anonymous said...

I was just about to apply...and then I read the part about "it doesn't pay"....so I tore up my resume. Sorry.