Monday, February 02, 2009

Notes of life lately...

**I had to make myself just breathe and slow down tonight. I am feeling very overwhelmed lately. It just seems like I have zero downtime. At work, I feel behind on everything. I love my job, but it is impossible to ever be completely caught up. After full work weeks, I have full weekends. I need a break!! And, I might have to take a day off work to just get caught up! I knew it was getting out of control when on scrap night, I wasn't focused on a fun night with the girls, but was already thinking of everything else I needed to get done. Not good! So, tonight, I made myself just leave everything and veg on the couch for mindless tv with Jax. I have to calm down...it will all get done (eventually)!

**On another note ~ while I am stressed over little things, family in the northern part of Arkansas is still without power and may be for at least 2 more weeks. Keep my parents, Kevin's parents, my Aunt & Uncle, cousins, and my Granny in your thoughts and prayers. They are ALL still without power - since last week! They all now have generators, but it is still not fun! Kevin's parents even had a tree fall into their bedroom and have a nice hole in their roof to deal with. And, meanwhile, all we got here was a rain...just hours away. Crazy!

**It is now February and I can say Kevin will be home SOON!! It is looking like either the 8th or 15th of March. Yippee!!!!!

**Service at John 3:16 was very inspiring and moving this week. The director actually led the service. He has an amazing testimony. He shared his story with us, and I literally had tears rolling down my cheeks throughout the service. God is so good and forgiving. He took this man who was an addict and stealing from his kids to pay for cocaine and lifted him out of that life to start a camp for others with addictions. He is able to reach these men like no one else could because he has walked in their shoes and made it to the other side. That is just one story of overcoming addiction. There are so many more. There is hope. If you love an addict or know someone that does, don't give up. Keep praying. Don't give up, but don't be afraid to give tough love either. That is what it took to get Kevin where he is today. There is always hope!!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

wow a tree...I will pray they all get power really soon....YAY for Kevin coming home soon!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! A tree through the roof??? That must have been some storm! Prayers coming your/their way!