Monday, February 16, 2009

Handmade Valentine's R the BEST!

*We are just going to hope that when Kevin comes home, he doesn't backtrack through the 'ole blog! heehee! If he does, I'm going to be in BIG trouble!! But, I happen to know through the grapevine that at least 3 of my letters have been shared with the entire camp. So...all is fair in love & war! LOL!

Here is my Valentine on a handmade "card" & I couldn't have asked for a better one!

Dear Lori -
I've thought about this letter all week. How do I explain to you what you are to me? I'm really not sure I can. You have stuck by me through my spiritual (and almost financial) bankruptcy, and you've brought me here where you've saved my life. I came here to salvage my life, but Jesus has restored it and given me a future. A future of hope, prosperity, joy, contentment, and love. I owe it all to Jesus and you.
I want to always put your needs above mine and serve you the rest of my life. I know what our future holds, and it is some good times. We'll have a rough patch from time to time, but that's when we seek and trust God and we can't lose. You are my world. You are my gift from God.
I love you whole heartedly,
Kevin

I just wanted to share this glimpse into our personal journey through alcoholism to show anyone who may need it - there is HOPE! They have to be ready and most of the time, they have to lose everything. Kevin did - if I would've bent just an inch, he wouldn't have gone to John 3:16. He didn't want to go in the beginning. It was too long. My advice to anyone dealing with an addict is don't cave. Stand your ground. You can love them and still be firm in what you know is right. I was able to talk to someone today about John 3:16 and their struggles with an alcoholic son. It confirmed to me that THIS is what Kevin & I have been put here to do with our lives - our purpose to help others overcome and give them HOPE. Without hope, we have nothing!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

That is so sweet. I am so proud of you for sticking with Kevin during this hard time..You are so very special and brave.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I can tell that you guys have a strong relationship and it's only getting stronger as time goes by. With a strong base like that, your marriage (when it finally gets here!) can't fail!