Sunday, November 02, 2008

Today's Visit

Every time I see Kevin, he has grown spiritually more than the week before. And physically, has lost more weight (30 lbs. and counting...). He also has that twinkle back in his eye that I love so much. I didn't take any pictures today. We stupidly decided it would be cool to go out on the pond in the canoe. It was a bit windy - we really didn't realize it until we were out on the water. The water kept taking taking up to this far corner that looked like snake territory to me if I've ever seen it. Kevin was working like a dog to keep up out of that area. Let's just sum it by saying - it looks romantic in the movies, but not so much in real life! ha! We are both clumsy, so as Kevin would say I was "as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!" I just knew we were going to tip over in that nasty water! ha! But, we didn't! :-)
Anyway - we had a great visit, but it goes by WAY too fast!! Next week, his parents get to come too. I look forward to the chocolate dessert Kevin's Mom is making...yum!!!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

I am so happy Kevin is doing good!

Lindsey said...

Ahhh that is actually a romantic story, even though it didn't feel like it at the time:)

Anonymous said...

You know, this is kind of fun -- like you and Kevin are dating again, seeing each other only once a week and then making the most of your time together. Maybe this place will not only be good for Kevin but will renew the "newness" of your relationship! Anticipation is a great thing!! Oh, and I've been canoeing only once in my life and it was one time too many!!! LOL