Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

**been awhile since a Thursday Thirteen ~ missed 'em? heehee! I've been a bit sentimental this week for some reason, so I thought I'd have a grateful post ~ just in time for Thanksgiving season too!
Thirteen Things I am Grateful For:
(in no certain order ~ I tried and it was too hard to rank them!)
1. Family ~ ALL my family...that includes Kevin's family too. I love them like my own already!
2. Fur Kids ~ you know how much my fur kids mean to me (even Simba! LOL! There is no cat like him and he gives me so many stories to share. Jax should get his own number. You know, he is even sleeping in the bed with me these days. Rotten doggie! Nala is just special in her own right. She is my fluffy princess.)
3. Friends ~ where would I be without them? I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for! I only hope I am as good a friend to them as they are to me!
4. A good warm, friendly, Christian workplace ~ I could not be surrounded by better people everyday. What a difference that makes!
5. My house ~ I love my house...it is a HOME. It is where I am most comfortable and love to be.
6. Gas prices ~ hello! I saw gas for $1.87 today!! I am super grateful for that!! It is like getting a pay raise where my gas guzzler is concerned.
7. I am also grateful that while it seems like I am always broke these days and scraping the bottom of the barrel, I can pay my bills. My bills are always paid and paid on time. In this crazy time, that is something to be grateful for!
8. I am grateful my aunt is hosting Thanksgiving this year! Whew! I have hosted for the past 3 or 4 years...it was fun, but I am ready for a break and to get to talk to people!!
9. Scrappin' nights ~ scrap nights with my peeps are priceless!
10. Mexican food ~ already had it twice this week and could eat it again tomorrow!
11. Bible Study ~ I am grateful that my co-worker and I were finally able to put a plan into action that we've talked about for a year (yay Jill!). This is my first Bible Study group, and I am super excited about it!
12. John 3:16 ministries ~ I am grateful that Bryan and Beverly have given their lives to helping others overcome addictions. Because of them and John 3:16, Kevin and I have been given a second chance. We have a fresh start, and I am getting a brand new man!
13. My Mom ~ My mom is more than a mom. She is my friend and my rock. I only want to make her proud! I am grateful that I can call her for anything at any time and she will listen and tell it to me straight (even if it isn't what I want to hear.) Her strength is an inspiration to me, and I don't know what I would ever do without her. I love you, Mom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I teared up at #12 and #13. What a great list. Oh, I love Mexican food too! Morning, noon, and night, give me Mexican!

Becca B. said...

Hey girl, I may have to borrow some of your blog post ideas like this...what col stuff to blog about, and then it there so you can look back, and remember the special and important things in you life at this time later!

Laski said...

I finally scrapbooked! I did.I spent 4 hours! I loved it.

But . . . here's the catch. It was digital. I would love to do actual pages, but I fear I would never, ever get done. You are so fortunate to have those memories.

And I LOVE what you said about your mom. I'll bet she did, too!