Sunday, November 09, 2008

Weekend Report

I had a great weekend!! I studied Friday night for my final and felt really good about knowing my material, but I was most excited about surprising Kevin the next day!! John 3:16 was having an event for Veteran's and guests could attend. He wasn't expecting me because with my final, I didn't think I could make it. Well, I found a way (thank you Jared for house sitting!).
Saturday, I burned up the Arkansas highways for sure - first I drove to Conway to take my final. A two part final! yuck! Oh, and I had a presentation. I HATE presentations!! But, I made it through (mainly because it was a group presentation!). Then, we started our final. I am a bit nervous because I was the first one finished. And in hind sight, I wish I had double-checked it. But, I really just wanted to get on the road to my next destination! ha!
So...I burned up the roads for the next two hours heading from Conway to Batesville and was so early, I had to stop and shop in Searcy to kill time!! LOL!
Here is the drive going into John 3:16 ~ They added the flags for the veteran's. Anyway...Kevin was SO surprised to see me. It was fun getting to surprise him. The other guys helped me out when I got there because he was in the kitchen and they acted like they needed him to come out and help them with something. When he opened the door, there I was and he yelled and hugged me so big, my feet came up off the ground! ha! I don't think we stopped smiling all night!! It was an added bonus that I got to see him two days this weekend!!
(this picture is from today:) The Veteran's service was really, really good!! They did a fantastic job of honoring them. You would have to have a very cold heart not to be moved by that service!! After the service, I spent the night at my Mom's since it's only 45 minutes away. Then, I got to go back this morning!! woo-hoo! If you can't tell by the pictures - Kevin is at about 34 lbs. lighter these days! This is him with his parents today:

I could keep rambling on and on...but I'll stop!! Just keep the prayers coming and keep him in your thoughts.
Check out their website if you have time - they have made updates: www.john316ministry.com

4 comments:

Tasha said...

wow, kevin looks like a whole new man..I am so proud of him

L said...

Wow - Kevin looks great! You sound so happy - I can just see you smiling as you wrote this.

Anonymous said...

He looks wonderful!! So happy you were able to see him twice this weekend. I'm sure it helped you both :)

Keeping you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Never under-estimate a woman with a mission!! Kevin is looking fantastic; he really does look like a different man! I'm so proud of him and happy for both of you!