Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Dodged a bullet...

Jax went to the vet today, and I just knew he had torn his other ACL and surgery (expensive surgery) was our fate! But, I was wrong! Sometimes, it is nice to be wrong ~ ha! He has really bad arthritis. He gets to take a series of adequan shots twice a week for the next four weeks. Guess who gets to give those shots? ME! I think I can, I think I can...just keep repeating! ha!
My baby is getting old...it makes me sad. :-(
We can handle a little arthritis though...from what I hear from friends who have used these shots with their dogs, he's gonna be as good as new in no time! Go Jax - watch out opposum's! ha!
PS. That's my cousin, Tanner, in the pic above! I'm probably in trouble for posting it!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

My puppy is only one and I am already dreading her getting old. Dogs are so great. I am glad that it was arthritis rather than the expensive surgery!! He sure is cute.

Trina said...

Our dog had health issues too. Its hard to see them get older. I would have a hard time administering shots too. Im a big baby that way!! I would be saying, "Ohhhhhhhh Dennnnn!" hehehe

Tasha said...

Oh I;m so happy Jax is okay...a little arthritis is so mucg better than surgery.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the Adequan! One of mine has arthritis and I give Glucosamine daily to both of them. Chiro adjustments help too, because her arthritis is in her neck!

Lindsey said...

Glad it wasn't surgery!!! Jax is adorable!!!

Tan said...

Tanner is adorable too! Glad to hear Jax doesn't need surgery.