Saturday, September 23, 2006

Storm Chasers

Kevin (what do you know ~ he has a name! LOL!) & I have accidently been chasing tornados and thunderstorms in AR for the past two days. We tried to take his nephews last night to the Cave City football game. One of our high school classmates is coaching the Cave City HS team in their first year of having a football team. Apparently, we were driving straight into a tornado but kept on going! Needless to say, just as we got there, they were cancelling the game and everyone was clearing out to head for cover!!! So, we turned around and tried to book it out of tornado range! The kids and I decided the car ride was fun, and it wasn't a total loss!

Once we made it out of the bad weather zone and safely back home, we went bowling!! Haven't done that in years! We had a blast & I think I broke a 100 for the first time ever (luck only! ha!) Kevin couldn't handle losing to a girl, so in the last two frames he got strikes and came back to beat me by 10 points. (or maybe I let him win!) ha!

Earlier today we chased storm #2 when we headed to our old hometown of Newport. We stopped in at Mom & Dad's ~ where they informed us a bad storm was due any minute. Did that stop us from heading out on the 4-wheeler? NO! Did it encourage us to stay close to home even? NO! Luckily, we missed the storm while out goofing off on the 4-wheeler but just barely!! The sky fell out right after we parked it in the garage. Good stuff! :-) I don't know if I could tell you the best part of the weekend so far, but I will say that riding the 4-wheeler made me feel like a kid again & I never had a care in the world!

0 comments: