Wednesday, September 27, 2006

She said/he said food review

Ok - we went to Chun's Mongolian Grill tonight that just opened fairly recently.

Lori says: It sure wasn't what I expected! I guess I thought it would be a "nicer" place to eat. It was more like a fast food type atmosphere. I did like the grill and watching them make the food. However, I could've done without looking at raw meat being thrown on top of the bowl of goodies I had mixed up. I give it a fair rating ~ not anything to brag about and I doubt I get a craving for it. So ~ I guess TaMolly's stays as my no. 1 local pick! :-)

Kevin says: Not really a mongolian grill. The concept was the same as other mongolian bbq's, but I would have liked to have had better explanations as to the marination of the meats. Also, instead of just naming the sauce options, they should describe what goes into the sauces. These 2 things would have made it easier to make better taste selections.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed it and will probably go back just because I know I can eat it without it killing me from an allergic reaction, unlike a chinese buffet. It was a little pricey to feed all four of us, though, considering that it is kind of a fast food Sho-guns.

I think we all agreed that the Shakey's ice cream afterward was excellent. Tanner's musical entertainment, however, could have been left at home!

Glad we didn't scare Howard...I mean Hank....I mean KEVIN too much...did we?

ST

Anonymous said...

P.S. I think Kayce finally has his name right. I just told her it was the same name as Britney Spears husband. So she will probably call him K-Fed the next time she sees him. Tee hee.

Lori said...

Ha! He wasn't scared a bit! We had a blast! :-)