Thursday, September 14, 2006

Opossum Hunter



Jax has caught & killed so many opossums since we moved here 2 years ago, that I have officially lost count!! Yesterday morning, I went out on the deck to find yet another one!! GROSS! That is not what you want to find or smell first thing in the morning! I had open house at school that night, so the boys were outside having a good 'ole time and giving all the wildlife a run for its money. When I got home, Taylar ~ my neighbor ~ fed the boys for me. She didn't see the opossum that she walked right past!! yikes!

I couldn't deal with picking up a nasty opossum first thing in the morning, so I covered it and hoped they would leave it alone (which they usually do once the "chase" is over). Apparently they didn't & tossed the nasty thing around all day! NO puppy dog kisses for me ~ thank you very much! yuck!! Lucky for me, my "friend" got to my house before me (& was surprising me with another yummy home cooked meal) & he took care of nasty opossum for me. (And no, he didn't cook it! ha!)

Jax has paid the price this time though. He has hurt his back leg ~ no doubt from jumping to the top of the 6 foot fence to catch the nasty opossum!! So ~ he is laid up & hopping around. Maybe I'm opossum free for few days! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jax! Injured while risking his life to protect you from the evil opossums. And you have no pity for that poor puppy. I'll let Kayce come over and nurse him back to health.

Sandy