Thursday, February 21, 2008

Woo-hoo!

Well, I just got out of class - assignment one is turned in!! My parent conferences are only one shy of being DONE and my interims are in the kiddo's mailboxes waiting to go home tomorrow. AND, I AM GOING OUT OF TOWN TOMORROW FOR REWARD #1!!! Surely with all that off my plate, I will sleep peacefully tonight and stop doing research and grading papers in my dreams! LOL!

I'll leave you with a shout out for two new blogs I have found that I now visit daily ~ go show 'em some love!

Check out Vader's Mom ~ the minute you pull up her blog, you will see why I started reading. Vader isn't a human kid - it's her dog! (and it's not even a boxer - so hush Tee! aka Tan these days! ha!) I love it! And when I saw the quote in her template, I knew we could be friends!

While you are out browsing check out From the Cheap Seats ~ another teacher blogger! She gives lots of support in the area of stress related to teaching! Now, she has new stresses with the world of stay at home mom. That is a job I admire!!

Enjoy! I added them to my Favorite Reads in my sidebar and somehow messed up some of my links. Who knows? I am not worrying about it now though ~ I am officially relaxing for two days!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the linky love! And congrats on getting that first assignment out of the way.

Enjoy your weekend! You deserve it!

Lindsey said...

Congrats!! You earned a nice weekend Lori!!!

Anonymous said...

I am a blog lurker....LOL I really like your blog. I found it through Mandi the Great Dane Addict!

My sister in law is a teacher as well and this is a great idea for teachers to share with students/families!

Love the 3 dog security system! :)

Lori said...

Thanks! And, all lurkers are welcome here! :-)

Erika said...

Congrats on accomplishing all the you have this week!! Enjoy your weekend, you deserve it!!

Laski said...

Awe . . . you are so awesome. I love visiting your blog. I'm not only reminded of teaching and all that went into it, but I am also amazed at how wonderful teacher people are!

Cheers to REWARD #1--keep on going girl!!!

No worries this weekend . . . just chill and relax!

Tasha said...

Enjoy reward #1, you know you earned it well :)

Steff said...

Hey, if you need some papers to grade I'll gladly turn some over. That is my downfall as a teacher. I'm such a slacker when it comes to grading. I usually wag home a ten inch stack and spend all day Sunday grading. (Can you guess what I should be doing right now instead of blogging?!)

I can't wait to check out View from the Cheap Seats. I've got a lot of work related stress right now. Can't wait to read!