Monday, February 18, 2008

Here's the plan...

....because I always have to have a plan! Ha! Seriously, THANK YOU to everyone for your support and advice ~ you really did help pull me back up yesterday and inspire me to get motivated!!! I knew that I wouldn't forgive myself if I gave up, so...I am taking deep breaths and looking at it one assignment and one week/day at a time. (And I have rewards in place to look forward to!)

This week, I have an assignment due and my interim reports at school - reward: Friday taking off and going to the horse races! (annual girls trip)

Next week, I have my mid-term - reward: next night girls scrap night! woo-hoo!

After my BIG second assignment - reward: using my massage/facial gift certificate from Kevin for Valentine's Day - thank you honey!

After my last assignment and final - reward: going to see Sugarland/Little Big Town in concert with my Mom.

I do love some incentives! LOL!
And, I have had all my parent conferences except for two that need to re-schedule. I printed my interims today before I left work - which means I had all my grading caught up! (and all you teachers know that being caught up on grading doesn't last long at all!!!) Tomorrow I will write comments on the interims and turn them in to the principal. Kevin has been super supportive AND forgiving - he went to the grocery store today (I hate doing that!), finished up the laundry AND cooked dinner! What a guy!

I am sure that you have realized if you read my blog or know me that I do not handle stress very well. I let it build and build and then eventually have a meltdown. Yesterday was my meltdown. I put entirely too much pressure on myself sometimes. I think I have to do everything and do it THE BEST. I mean, you know how I beat myself up over a B last semester - ha! I am trying to relax a little...promise!

Now...I am off to work on my assignment - with visions of horses racing in my mind! :-)

7 comments:

Jay said...

Everyone has days like those, but it sounds like you know what you're doing now, bit by bit, and I know you'll get there.

la bellina mammina said...

I'm with Jay... chin up Lori, and know that we all go through days like that sometimes:-)

Erika said...

I'm glad that you have a new plan. You can get through this semester. You are right about taking it one day at a time. It is ok that you can't do it all. Let Kevin help. I am sure that he wants to because he loves you.

Patriot said...

Sounds like you have a great plan!

Tasha said...

I'm so happy you were able to calm down and BREATHE...Nice rewards...They could motivate anyone.

Anonymous said...

Girl, offer me incentives like those and I'll come finish everything for you AND then I'll trim the hedges and paint the house too! (I knew you could do it!)

Laski said...

Oh, you are so much like me! I always had to have rewards/incentives. Grade a paper, eat an M&M (bag, that is). Do a lesson plan, take a bubble bath. And so on . . .

I'm so glad you have a plan and it rocks!!! You are taking care of you--good for you!!!