Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend Report

I am home from the stress-free two day trip to Hot Springs....ahhh! It goes so quickly!
Peggy, my cousin, was the big ticket winner for the day with a $38 winning ticket. However, we were all winners! yay! I won $51, and basically broke even and had a free day of fun. We all won between $50 and $60...yippee! This is me and my Momma! She wins every year ~ I, on the other hand, hadn't cashed a ticket in about 3 years until Friday! ha!
Here's you a shot of the horses getting ready...it was cold, so I took it through the window. My cousin, Peggy, scored us the box seats from her work ~ we were loving it!
On Saturday we got up and shopped a bit and then headed on back. The bad part is right when we were getting ready to leave, my Granny called to say my aunt was in the hospital. She usually goes with us each year on this trip (it's my mom's sister). She didn't get to go this year b/c she had a business trip. Well, she got home and went straight to the hospital b/c she had been in severe pain the whole time she was gone. Turns out, she has a cyst the size of an orange that is pressing up against her kidney. She is having surgery tomorrow, so please keep her in your prayers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time!!

I'll keep your aunt in my prayers. That sounds really painful.

Lindsey said...

I'll keep her in my prayers for sure! Glad you had such a fun weekend. You deserved it!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! I'll be praying for your aunt.

Tasha said...

So glad you had a great weekend..Now hopefully you won't get so stressed because you have rewards coming your way..
Hugs to your aunt, hope she is okay.

Laski said...

So happy you had such a great time! You are so cute with your mom!

Hope your aunt continues to do better and better!

Have a GREAT week molding young minds . . .