Saturday, February 09, 2008

Birthday Stuff

I had a great birthday on Friday ~ despite the fact that I feel old now! LOL!
My kids were so pumped it was my birthday that I couldn't be down about getting old for long! Here's the funniest thing ~ they ALL know that I have to have a Dr. Pepper in the mornings. If I don't then, they say I'm grouchy. If I have one, then they say, I'm happy....well, one day last week I think, I came to school and I said, "Class, beware, I had a little bit of Dr. Pepper this morning but it was flat, and flat Dr.Pepper is like no Dr. Pepper at all!" One kid tried to give me his lunch money to go to the vending machine! Hee-hee! Well....for my birthday a parent comes in with this huge gift bag, and it's heavy. They got me a case of Dr. Pepper!!! Ha! I love it! They were so excited ~ they broke into the birthday song at least 3 different times on Friday. And, then Kevin showed up at the end of the day with Sunny D and cupcakes for the kids and Starbucks for me! What a guy! He even stuck around and challenged my boys to some games of chess. They loved it!

A meeting of the minds...After my "birthday party" at school, we went to a local flea market, and I found a birthday treasure. Yay! And, then we went to this awesome restaurant, Gaucho's, that I haven't been to in forever! YUMMY! We basically rolled ourselves out the door after dinner.

Today, we dreamed really big and went to the RV Show. Oh wow, they had everything from pop-up's to $300,000 RV's. AMAZING! We did register to win a $8,000 pop-up! It could happen...you never know!

As for my stress, well, I've sort of taken the past two days off. Kevin helped me grade papers tonight. Tomorrow I am working on my paper for my masters project and trying to get at least half of my parent conference forms filled out. Wish me luck!

10 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear Loriiiiiiiiiiiii
happy birthday to you!!

Sounds like you had a fun birthday!

Anonymous said...

Aww it sounds like you had an awesome birthday! My eyes got all watery reading what your kidlets did for you, how cool!

Happy Birthday!

(My 30th is June and so I feel old already too!)

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to celebrate your birthday. I'm so glad you had a wonderful one!!

I love some Dr. Pepper too!

Lindsey said...

Oh what a great day at school on your birthday AND a great birthday weekend!! When are conferences....you can get through them. Just don't think about how much talking is involved, one at a time, and you'll get through them:) Bring extra Dr. Peppers that day to school:) (((HUGS)))

Steff said...

Happy belated birthday from your very bad blogger friend! I love how the kids get just as excited about your birthday as about theirs probably! Sounds like you have a wonderful class. :) Since I've joined Weight Watchers I've been bringing this huge jug of water to class every day. One of my boys told me last week (when my jug was mostly full) "Ms. Stewart, today wasn't a good water day for you was it?" Kids...can't help but love them. :)

Erika said...

Happy birthday a little late. I'm glad it was a good day.

Laski said...

Glad to hear you had such a great b-day. Aren't kids awesome. I was shocked when they remembered my b-day last year and bought be a ton of Swedish Fish! They knew it was my fave--it shows they really pay attention.

Good luck with work!!! Oooohhhh...conferences--what fun!

Tasha said...

Sounds like a great weekend..You deserve to take a few days off...Take some more, I said so..

Tan said...

It sounds perfect! Especially the Dr. Pepper part. (You know I prefer Pibb, but when it's not available then it's Dr. P all the way!) Oh, and quit saying you're old because you're making me feel ancient!! ha Glad you had a great day, old woman!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! I think I hear the horses running. hehehe! Hope you had a great day and we gots to get together soon!! It's been foreva-eva!!!!
XOXOX!
Laura