Monday, February 25, 2008

Crazy Eights MeMe

*with updates at the bottom!

CRAZY EIGHTS!
I was tagged by Lindsey to play along, so here I go!

8 Things I'm Passionate About:
1. Kevin & his sobriety
2. my pets (aka fur kids)
3. my family and friends
4. teaching
5. organizing!!
6. scrapbooking
7. blogging
8. animal abuse/neglect

8 Things I Want to do Before I die:
1. earn my master's degree
2. para-sail (maybe this summer!)
3. go on an Alaskan cruise
4. see New York
5. swim with dolphins
6. see the Grand Canyon
7. have kids of my own
8. win the lottery! :-)

8 Things I Say Often:
1. Shhhhh!!!
2. Listening skills are very important (to my NON-listening class!)
3. No talking in the hall.
4. I need to write that down or I'll forget.
5. What time is dinner? (to my personal chef, Kevin)
6. Is Simba inside? (before I lock the doggie door)
7. I love you.
8. I'll just wait....(on my class to be quiet and LISTEN! ha)

8 Books I've Read Recently:
1. How to Eat Fried Worms (a favorite)
2. Chocolate Fever
3. All About Rosa Parks
4. Uncle Jed's Barbershop (love this one)
5. Follow the Drinking Gourd
6. The True Story of Ruby Bridges (brings tears to my eyes every year)
7. currently reading my class textbook: Practical Research
8. and The Purpose Driven Life with Kevin

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over:
1. American Pie - Don McLean
2. Mustang Sally
3. Candle in the Wind - Elton John
4. Earle - Dixie Chicks
5. Jackson - Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash
6. I Need You - Tim and Faith
7. Leather and Lace - Stevie Nicks
8. When Will I Be Loved - Linda Ronstadt

8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends:
1. honesty
2. loyalty
3. fun
4. laughter
5. has my back and I have theirs
6. can put up with my neat freak quirks
7. let's me vent and vents back
8. scrapbooking is a plus! ha!

8 People I Think Should Do Crazy 8's:
if you haven't already been tagged, go for it! :-)

** updates: My Aunt went home from the hospital today - no surgery yet. They put in a stint and are letting it drain. Hopefully surgery won't be necessary. Thanks for the warm thoughts and prayers.

AND, I just got my assignment back from last week - I MADE AN A!!!! Now, wish me luck on the midterm this week. I am going to study right now!

Over and out! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on that A!! I'm so proud for you!!

The Grand Canyon is a must and I highly recommend spending more than one day there. I sure wish we could have. I'm still amazed how powerful that big ditch is.

Laski said...

First off--I'm glad to hear your aunt is doing better. Tough stuff when those you love are ill.

Secondly, CONGRATS on the A. Yeah!!! Time to celebrate!!! Again :)

and, finally . . .

"4. I need to write that down or I'll forget." That is me!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you stuck with the class....that means more time for you to come to Fay this summer!
Michelle

Erika said...

Great job on the A!! Good luck on the midterm. I know you will do well. Don't stress about it, take it one day at a time. Glad to hear your Aunt is ok. I hope she continues to improve.

Tasha said...

Very nice...I still haven't completed mine.