Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Really - Kevin and I aren't "celebrating" Valentine's day until Saturday because I had class tonight, and he has to work tomorrow. BUT, when I walked in the door from my crazy Valentine party at school followed by two parent conferences...look what Kevin had for me! I LOVE tulips...tulips and sunflowers are my absolute favorite flowers! He really is pretty awesome! And, on Saturday, I am taking the day off from school work and master's work, and we are going treasure hunting or junking - whatever you want to call it when you hit a bunch of flea markets in one day! We love us some flea markets! :-)
At school, we had an ice cream sundae party for our Valentine party. The kiddo's were HYPER all day. All of you teachers know how it is...on party days, we should just come to school for the party and go home. It is impossible to get anything else done. To make it even more chaotic, it was casual for a cause day (where they pay a $1 to wear whatever they want instead of their uniforms). Let me tell you, uniforms do make a difference in their behavior b/c anytime they don't have to wear them, it is a wilder day!
I am so lucky this year, my parents and kids are awesome...look - I got even MORE Dr. Pepper for Valentine's day! I love it! Boyfriends and husbands of teachers have it easy on Valentine's day b/c we get so much chocolate at school! ha!
And...we get to keep being a kid - look at these Valentine cards...they are so much fun! I am like a kid b/c I still love to dump them all out at once and read them! LOL!
Hope you all had a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

We don't do anything for Vday here, so my day was BORING.

Laski said...

Awwweee...you are SO loved! The tulips are GORGEOUS. And, I noticed the Dr. Pepper right away!

Happy V-Day! Have a wonderful time on Saturday.

Tan said...

I'm not a teacher but I remember working the parties as a homeroom mom. I would come home and collapse, it's totally exhausting! I could never handle those kids all day every day like you do. My eye immediately caught the Dr. Pepper too! :) Happy belated Valentines Day!! (Oh, it's Tee -- I have a new google ID. :)

Tasha said...

Happy V Day

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are beautiful!!

Sounds like you had a wonderfully fun day! I miss bags full of Valentines.