Wednesday, October 25, 2006

when it rains....



...it pours!!! That seems to be our luck around this house lately! Jax, my rotten boxer, has been limping. I honestly didn't think it was a big deal. He started limping around the time he caught his last opossum, so I figured he pulled a muscle or had a sprain. Then, Rocky got sick and that took over around here. Well, Jax is still limping, so off to the vet yesterday. I THOUGHT for just some meds to help the pain and swelling, and we'd be on our merry way....if only!

The vet looked more concerned that I thought was necessary, and then said, "let's do an x-ray." THEN, I start to panic - thinking "here we go again!" After the x-ray, he said he felt a lump in Jax's leg and the x-ray shows there is something there but is inconclusive at this point. With Jax being a boxer and boxers being prone to tumors, he is thinking it may be a tumor. We have pain meds for the next two weeks, and then he wants to see us back for a follow-up x-ray (at which point if it is a tumor he is pretty sure it will show up better).

I was out of town and using my Mom's vet. So - he had no idea I had just lost my other dog two weeks prior. All I could do was nod and say ok because I knew I was about to lose it any minute. However, I made it to the car before I broke down crying. A HUGE thank you to my fellow boxer friend, L, who calmed me down and talked me through my tears.

So - now we wait two weeks and see and go from there....unless I can't take it and take him to our vet that was so good with Rocky and see if they have better x-ray luck.

Good news is bound to happen soon right???

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Lori. We love you.

ST