Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tribute to a faithful friend




What I'll miss most about Rocky:
1. the way he would dig around in his toybox for "just the right toy"
2. how he would clean up Jax's face for him after they ate
3. how he was my Rock during the tough times & let me cry into his fur
4. his friendship with Simba (the cat who thinks he's a rottie too)
5. the way he hated a bath, but afterwards would wiggle and shake his butt like a puppy
6. how he would play in the snow and catch snowballs from me like they were tennis balls
7. the way he would stand in one spot and bark while Jax ran circles around the backyard
8. the pure joy he got from a car ride (especially if he was going to Daddy's)
9. his obsession with toys & tennis balls & how he wouldn't share with Jax
10. the look of pure love in his eyes when he would lay his head in my lap to be petted...


My best friend closed his eyes last night,
As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
And it was hard for him to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And OH...his many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart thats filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door"!

jan cooper '95

4 comments:

L said...

Crying!!! :-(
Dave and I have both been thinking about you and Jax and the kitties these last two days. I've been wanting to call you but I'm afraid I'd break down crying too!

Anonymous said...

I remember when I first met Rocky I was scared of him. Then we got to know each other and he quickly became my favorite (don't tell Jax!). We will really miss him.

ST

Anonymous said...

hey, lori sorry about rocky . I'll miss him I just want you to know rocky is in a better place. And he's playing ball with jesus.

Ilove you,
Tanner

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for you loss. You were a great mom to Rocky - he was very lucky to have you. The tribute is very special - thanks for allowing me to share it. Love you, Kim