Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Yee-haw!




My niece, Autumn, has been riding in horse shows with my Mom and Dad. This past weekend she won several ribbons! We were so proud of her! This is her horse, Sergio. She had him whipped into shape for this show. He really performed well for her! The picture with the barrel is from the ball race. She had to run out to the barrel, drop the tennis ball in the bucket and run out. I think she placed in this one, but I can't remember.

They had some pretty funny events. In one, she had to run out to the barrel, pick a big bra out of a sack, put it on with a water balloon in each side and ride back. Well, Mom said the bra was so big she had to tie a knot in the back and when she rode back in, both water balloons bounced out of the bra and busted! LOL! I hate I missed that race ~ it was after Bubby and I headed back home. (These things last forever!)

She didn't take a break from riding Sergio the whole time! Poor horse! In the one picture by the trailor, we convinced her he needed to rest b/c it was so hot. She let him rest but wouldn't get down! ha! He literally had his head resting on the trailor with his eyes closed! LOL!

1 comments:

L said...

great pics - looks like she's having a great time!