Sunday, August 27, 2006

Weekend stuff...

This weekend started out with the Friday night scrapbook (aka girls night)! It was a small crew, but still lots of fun! The excitement for the night was when one of my friends reached into her bag to get something (after several hours of using the bag) & a black widow spider was in her bag!!!! I can't even believe she saw it b/c her bag is black, and it just blended right in. There is no telling how many times her hand was right beside the thing! She is so lucky she didn't get bitten! But never fear, the scrapbook girls united and killed the black widow before she could do any harm!! And, my friend will no longer store her scrapbook bag in her garage! :)

Saturday night I went to see Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Too Funny!! Lots of good quotes/one-liners in this one! It's just a good, dumb movie with absolutely no meaning to go see when you need to laugh! But we followed it up by going to the Speedway afterwards! Now that was fun! I have lived by that Speedway for 2 years now and kept saying I was going to go one Saturday night. Well - I finally made it but only in time for the last two races! So - I'm going to have to go back! I'll have to take my camera next time ~ great people watching at the Speedway! :) I even managed a round of putt-putt golf last night ~ now I haven't done that since I was in high school and we would all drive over to Jonesboro and play!

It was a great weekend to come off of the week I had! Now I have a full day of school work ahead of me. So ~ I think I'll go take a nap first! ha!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. but, why didn't you tell everyone that you were on a hot date?

Lori said...

Cuz I was waiting to see if I would be asked out for another one! And I did - this Saturday - more to come! :)

Anonymous said...

Kayce wants to know if she gets to go along on this one.

Lori said...

After the quizzing you gave him, I doubt I can even get him near Benton again!

Anonymous said...

All I said was that I needed to see some ID ;) - and asked who he was and how long he had known you and where he was from. That's not so bad. Just wait until next time!

Lori said...

I'm not bringing another date around you for a very long time ma'am!! You even freaked me out! I couldn't think of answers for some of your questions! ha!