Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Stuff

Friday was Field Day at school. The kids had a blast!! Can't you see it on the faces?
This was my first field day at this school, so I didn't know what to expect. I shouldn't have been surprised at the organization and parent support, but I'm still in awe b/c it's so different than what I've had the past 9 years of teaching! The parents brought drinks and snacks, and we had organized fun competitions all day. My class came in last for 3rd grade, but we still had fun. The only competition we won was the tug-of-war...but you would've thought they won the whole thing! ha! This picture was taken immediately after tug-of-war:On Saturday, Kevin and I headed out for the horse show a bit early to hit flea markets along the way. We had a great day!! I love spending the day with my man! :-) We had a good lunch and finally found a great old flea market that we plan to go back and explore further. We both got a treasure though...I scored a hand-made birdhouse and Kevin got an air BB gun pistol to shoot the squirrels that get into his garden! ha! I had to give him some rules -no worries! :-)

Of course, after all that, we made it to the horse show where we were the rest of the night with Kevin oogling the cowgirls and I, the cowboys - ha! It was fun and my niece is just getting better and better!
Here she is with "Grandma" - these two are two peas in a pod!
We spent today working around the yard and getting ready for a busy week ahead...PTA meetings, graduation, getting lumber for the construction of the storage building next weekend (hopefully), add in all that end-of-year school stuff and I am going to try my best to NOT get stressed...it will all get done..repeat after me...it will all get done! LOL!

1 comments:

Tasha said...

IT WILL GET DONE!

Sounds like a fun weekend!