Monday, May 05, 2008

Rewind (Part 2)

Ok...to continue on with the "catch up"...Thursday night was the front porch drama...followed by a long day on Friday (with the storm that killed my pond! ha!) Aside from dealing with a bipolar parent (literally, not being sarcastic), it was a good day. If I could share the parent story and somehow make it make sense, I would, but I am still confused on how it got so out of control. Who can possibly be upset when given a chance to bring up an F for FULL credit and the teacher even offering to keep your child after school to do it over with her???? But, I have let that go...really, I have...ha! Some people are impossible to please. So, the good part about Friday was the school carnival. It made for a long day staying after school until 7:30, but it was fun. Kevin came too, and we lost our bids in the silent auction. But, that's ok b/c we can't pay for it anyway! ha! Both of my nieces came too, and it was nice seeing them run around with kids in my room and having fun!
So, it was Saturday morning before I discovered the pond. I didn't have time to really do anything about it but add some water for the fish, because we had a full day. First, we headed to Conway to watch my cousin's little boy play in his first T-ball game. HE IS PRECIOUS! After the game, (which was hilarious & oh, so cute), we piddled around town until Kevin had to go to work. Kevin's sister and nephews are about to move to Conway, so we checked out their new place. I should've snapped a pic. It was really nice. After depressing ourselves by looking at a house, we could never afford, we went and stuffed ourselves for lunch! LOL! Then, I dropped Kevin off at work and headed to Newport for the horse show...are you sensing the amount of gas that was used on Saturday? Let's just say, in one day, a full tank, yep, $60!! CRAZY! I hate these gas prices!
But it was worth it, check out Miss Autumn now riding in the gaited shows, and she won 2nd place in this one:
We need to get her some fancy belts and stuff now. She won a ribbon for every event she was in except for 2 - she broke pattern in the barrels this week. :-( But she still did a great job! And, it was fun watching her make a bunch of new friends!

4 comments:

Laski said...

What a great weekend . . . even with the bipolar parent. "Some people are impossible to please." Oh, so true--especially with parents!!!

Tasha said...

I love school carnivals

Lindsey said...

Some parents just don't get that school isn't a babysitting service and that they don't have to care!!!

Anonymous said...

Cutie-pie ball players and horse riders -- the ONLY thing worth these gas prices!! :) Looks like a busy - but fun - day!