Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Teacher Talk...

Today I turned in my last interim reports for the year and had my last grade level meeting. Yesterday, we got our end-of-the year check-out packets and instructions. I also had my end of the year evaluation with my principal (I was super happy with it...didn't know what to expect with this being my first year at this school). The school year is winding down...I am ready for summer, but not ready to let this group of kids go - even if they are very talkative and hyper right now! ha! I know I get too attached to my kiddo's every year, but I am really attached to this group. They have such neat personalities and are a great group of kids. I could go on and on, but I won't. Instead, I'll ask you to cross your fingers that tomorrow they control themselves and their talking while we are on a field trip. We are going to see a Ramona play and hopefully have a picnic at the park after if it doesn't rain!!! FINGERS & TOES CROSSED!

**Ideas please:
Also, we are working on books that we are making our Mom's for Mother's Day this week. Any other cool and cheap (I'm broke) ideas? I may do coasters again like last year - Lindsey is full of ideas and helped me out last year. Got any new ones this year? I know you are doing something neat...share! ha!

2 comments:

Laski said...

This was an idea I used a long time ago for Sunday school. I changed it and have since used it with my student council and youth group kids.

The craft is a heart made of your choice of materials, with a handprint (of the student who is making it)--be sure it fits the handprint!

We used ply wood that was cut into hearts. The kids put their handprint on it and decorated it (some mounted it on another piece of wood, others framed it, others put a little hole near the top so it could hang on a wall).

On the center of the handprint they put "You touch my heart". On each finger they put either a short saying/quotation OR specifics as to what this person did for them.

They turned out awesome. So unique! My high school kids even loved it! Some got really creative with it, like I said. It really is up to the individual student. The great thing--this is totally modifiable!

Materials were cheap. The most challenging part was having someone cut the plywood into hearts. We just took the wood (which I purchased and it was cheap!) to a local carpentry/woodworking shop and they did it for free!!!

The paints and other materials we either had on hand or the kids brought.

Let us know what you do!

Tasha said...

1 year Hannah brought home a picture and it had her hand print and it was made into a flower, then it had a small mothers day poem written on it..Something like you are the seed of my heart, was one of the lines. It was so sweet, I love handprint pictures..It shows me how she is growing over the years.