Sunday, May 04, 2008

Let's Rewind...

...to about Thursday...then, I can guide you through the past 3 days of many up's and down's! Whew...it's been a crazy few days. Let's start with the project from you-know-where (that was suppose to be easy and take an hour!) Here is the before picture of our front porch:The builder didn't use pre-treated lumber and it was rotting, so we had to replace it. Most of the neighbors had already done theirs unless they moved in after me. So, my next door neighbor said it took him about an hour - no biggie. (heehee) Well, my niece was over and between her and Kevin, demolition was done in like 5 minutes and we were off to a great start! Maybe Tayhlor should've stuck around b/c the bad luck started after she left! Here they are ready to demo the porch!
Thank God for good neighbors or we would've been in BIG trouble!! Our next door neighbor stuck it out with us until 10 o'clock at night getting the new columns up. Turns out, we had to cut all 3 of them. When he did his, he only had to cut one ~ which is why it only took him an hour and us over 3 hours!!! Jeez! But we got it done! (and you know on a school night, 10 o'clock is past my bedtime! ha!)
Here is the after picture for now ~ we are going to get rid of all the big bushes and re-landscape later on...now because the storm the following day didn't hurt the new columns - they are still standing, but...my pond, well...
...that's another story! So, as you can see we have an unexpected project that we weren't counting on and have to hurry up and do so my fish don't die! urgh! On the positive side, this pond was never really installed right and drove me crazy b/c it wasn't level. I had threatened every year to rip it up and re-do it. Now, I got my wish! LOL! (the storm winds knocked the pump over somehow and it pumped all the water out of the pond and under it! Good times!)
I'll finish all the rest of the drama and good times tomorrow! :-)

5 comments:

Laski said...

Can't wait to see what it looks like when it is all done!

Lindsey said...

Holy cow that's project city over there!! Don't you wish you didn't have to work so you could stay home and finish it?? If you are like me, an unfinished project drives me bonkers!! Can't wait to see the end result...oh yeah, when you relandscape in the front, PLEASE save your lillies, they are so pretty!!!

L said...

Dave and I are getting ready to do the same thing to one of our columns and part of our upper deck in two weeks while he's on vacation- all rotting. Joy joy! Glad ya'll got it finished - hope the fish make it!

Tasha said...

Can't wait to see.

Geez between you and Lindsey, My yard looks pitiful!

Anonymous said...

The porch looks fantastic, but all I really want to comment on is how much your niece looks like you!! She does!