Thursday, November 16, 2006

URRRGGGHHH!

Ok - I am seriously venting today! I now fully understand those people who dread going to work on Monday's b/c they hate their jobs. I never thought I'd be that way!! I've always loved my job ~ NOT this year!! I have started dreading it by Sunday afternoon and with good reason. I really wish some of these "higher ups in office" or politicians would sub in my crazy room for a day! Then let them figure out how we are supposed to bring up test scores and get kids to proficient or advanced when we CAN'T teach b/c of all the behavior problems!!! Oh, how I welcome them into my room for a day! I literally walked past 3 different teachers today with my class who said, "I just want you to know that I pray for you on a daily basis!" That's good b/c I sure need it just to stay sane! Today I honestly wanted to walk my whole class to the office and sit them down & say "good luck b/c I quit!" URRGGHH!

Needless to say, my two worst kids were both having a horrible day at the same time! One was literally bouncing off the walls ~ picture this ~ rolling on the floor, hiding under his desk, knocking stuff off of other people's desks, spinning his self down the hallway with arms completely stretched out and banging into all the classroom doors. (and that was on this way to the office!!!) The other one had a screaming, crying, kicking tandrum on the floor (keep in mind 3rd grade!!!). By 2 pm I thought I was having a nervous breakdown!! HONEST!!!

How are we supposed to teach with this enviroment?? There are no consequences for these kids. I think instead of everything coming down the teachers, let's put some responsibilities on the parents! How about if your kid is suspended, you have to serve a day in jail? Ha! Then they might step up and make them behave at school. One parent had the nerve yesterday to be upset b/c the PE teacher called b/c her kid (same one having the hissy fit in the floor today) yelled at the PE teacher and refused to do what she asked. She said, "give me a break, what did he do? Did he burn down the school? This isn't a big deal!" Where is the respect????

Signed,
one burned out, fed up teacher
(and I never thought I'd say that! You wonder where all the good teachers go? ha! I don't anymore! I just wonder how many of those Wal-Mart greeters are fed-up teachers!!!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what does it take to get a kid expelled these days. Sounds like if you could get rid of these 2 troublemakers you could make progress with the rest of the group. Try not to let them get to you too much. The rest of the kids need a good teacher like you!