Sunday, November 19, 2006

Turkey weekend...



Spent the weekend in NE Arkansas with Kevin's family for Thanksgiving. I was a nervous wreck at first ~ I know his immediate family,but there were a ton of folks there. Of course, my family being from the same area, everyone seemed to know at least one of my family members and had a story to share! It was fun and interesting to hear some of the stories. Kevin's grandmother and my great-grandma Bradford used to pick cotton together when they were little girls. She even knew my great-great grandmother! How cool is that!!

I think everyone knew my Uncle Scott ~ he must be a legend or something! ha! Once I was talking to someone, and I overheard someone saying, "Now did you hear who she was? Her uncle is Scott from Piggott!" ha! I hope they are good stories they are remembering! I'm sure they are!!! Everyone knew my Aunt and Uncle that are farmers in the area too. I heard a funny story about some cheerleaders pulling Uncle Terry's pants down in the gym in front of everyone! LOL!

Hey Scott - if you are reading this - your buddy, Coop, is Kevin's cousin and his parents were there too. His mom is funny! I really liked her alot!

Anyway - after everyone left, we had a little family game night. I thought the picture with Kevin's dad in the background was funny b/c as we were playing games, he was doing something with some guns. You can see him in the background like "Poppa's got a gun! Better Behave!" Ha! He moved out of the background for the rest of the pics!

I had planned to try and swing by to visit some of my kinfolk in the area but we were pretty swamped the whole time, and I knew I'd see ya this Saturday for our Thanksgiving. So ~ I'll catch ya next time!

Sunday morning, we went to church with Kevin's parents and nephews. That was pretty neat too b/c we had Sunday school with a guy that we had Sunday school as kids. It was like being back in the day ~ I felt like I should start passing notes or something! LOL! Kevin's mom even still plays the piano in church like she did when we were kids.

On the way home, we stopped and got some lottery tickets from Mr. T's (hence the picture). I just wanted to remember where I bought my winning ticket from! :-) And of course, we stopped at Mom & Dad's and got some pecans and the turkey frier for Saturday.

Now - I'm exhausted & ready for bed! I AM rested & ready for battle on Monday if necassary!!! LOL!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I don't know if I want to hear the stories about me. LOL

Sounds like a lot of fun! I need to go next year!

Anonymous said...

what, no stories about Aunt Kim? I am sure I am a legend just like Uncle Scott! Glad you had a good time - see you Thursday!

Kim

L said...

Sounds like ya'll had a good time!

Lori said...

Oh Kim - I'm sure there are some mighty good stories about you too! ha!

It was Coop's mom who told the story about Uncle Terry and she got so tickled remembering it! LOL!

And, she kept trying to remember what crazy concert Coop had just gone to with Scott in St. Louis...LOL!

Anonymous said...

I believe she called it "head pounding marijuana music"!

Anonymous said...

Well, she hit that nail on the head.

It was Black Stone Cherry, Priestess and Black Label Society. One of our annual traditions has become the drive to STL for the Black Label Society show. 3 straight years. They quit coming here for some reason.