Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Happy notes...



Have I mentioned that I have the best boyfriend??!! Today, he called to say he was stopping by the grocery store on his way over & was cooking us dinner. He came in with groceries to make us lasagna and had picked up flowers for me too! He's awesome!! Aren't they purty?

As you know, I am not a chef & can only cook by following a recipe. Sunday night, he came over and I told him there was no food in the house, we'd have to go to the store if we were eating at home. He said, "let me see what I can come up with." For those of you that have seen my refrigerator and pantry and made fun of it, you know what he was dealing with - NOTHING! Somehow, we had roasted potatoes & meatloaf! I have no idea how he managed that - when I looked, I thought - take out again! ha!

On another note, my job has settled down lately! Knock on wood!!! :-) No major diasters in almost 3 weeks! The kids aren't angels, but aren't threatening to kill each other at the moment! No suspensions, no parent tantrums, no office visits....can it continue? Let's hope!!!!

Jax is doing great too! It's been a week since the surgery. He only made it two full days without getting on the couch, oh well! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed that he can create potatoes and meatloaf from ice, water, butter and ketchup cause that's all I usually see in your frige. He's magic! Oh yes and a great boyfriend.

Lori said...

I was impressed too! You left out cheese - for some reason, I always have cheese! ha! I have a bachelor's refrigerator for sure!!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you need to hang on to him Lori - can't wait to see what he cooks up for Thanksgiving!

Kim

Lori said...

He's a keeper! :-)