Monday, March 16, 2009

Kevin is HOME!

Yesterday was a bit of a blur for me. I was a nervous wreck because I knew I'd have to speak. And, yesterday the chapel was so packed that they had to bring in extra chairs. We were sitting at the front, so when I stood and turned around I kindof lost everything I wanted to say! ha!
It was a great day for Kevin. He was surrounded by childhood friends, family, and family friends. He had quite a group there to see him off into the real world. Four of his buddies he has had since high school came, his parents, my mom, his sister and her crew, and even parents of some high school buddies. The only regret I have of the day was that I didn't think to video him leading the song "He Arose" in the front of the church. Wow - he was really something! When his graduation video is posted to the John 3:16 site, I will share it with you. It really showed the growth and change in him from 6 months ago.
Look - here is the line-up for the day...Kevin's graduation!! hee-hee!
Once we got home, we went out to eat and then to the grocery store because for those that know me, you know the refrigerator was empty. Kevin laughed when he saw it and said I was a guy...I had Dr. Pepper, poptarts, and some french onion dip & chips. That's about it. LOL! But what was really funny was that we were tickled to just be grocery shopping shopping together! How's that for finding some appreciation in the little things...I normally hate grocery shopping! ha!
And, best of all, my wonderful food is back...here is my breakfast this morning...breakfast tacos. His breakfast tacos ROCK! *and, no, I am not at work today...I am sick...cough...cough!

5 comments:

L said...

Yeah for you guys! Tell Kevin we'll be thinking about him and wish you both the very best in these upcoming weeks!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kevin! I'm so proud of you.

Tasha said...

I am so happy for you 2

Lindsey said...

You sound like you need a couple more days off actually, ya know, to recoop! Hehehe. CONGRATS Kevin!!! I'm so happy for you to have made the transformation and to be home with Lori!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Kevin! We are so proud of you! Take it easy on Lori, Pop-Tarts and Dr. Pepper are really all a girl needs! Happy for you two!!!